By Katie Beckmann, Communications Manager
January 21, 2019, is Martin Luther King Jr. Day (MLK Day).
While some of us may have the day off from work or school, others may be participating in community service activities or attending MLK Day events and tributes. Regardless of how you choose to spend to the day, take a moment to reflect on the meaning of this day, Dr. King, his service, and faith.
To mark the 90th year of MLK Day, here are 9 quotes from Martin Luther King Jr. about faith:
1. “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.”
2. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.”
3. “Faith is taking the first step even when you can’t see the whole staircase.”
4. “But I know, somehow, that only when it is dark enough can you see the stars.”
5. “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’”
6. “Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy to a friend.”
7. “It is cheerful to God when you rejoice or laugh from the bottom of your heart.”
8. “It does not matter how long you live, but how well you do it.”
9. “Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.”
What is your favorite Martin Luther King Jr. quote? Share them in the comments section below.