By Maria Bohan
Friendships can be born from the most unlikely—or mundane—circumstances.
But whether it was a train ride or a trip to the grocery store that brought you and a friend together, God sent you to each other for a reason: you were meant to change each other’s lives for the better.
On Friendship Day, August 5th, remember the sanctity of friendship with these five bible verses.
1. One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a sister or brother. -Proverbs 18:24
2. Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up. But pity anyone who falls and has no one to help them up. -Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
3. Love one another with affection. Out do one another in showing honor. -Romans 12:10
4. Iron sharpens iron, and one sharpens another. -Proverbs 27:17
5. Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing. -Thessalonians 5:11
Maria Bohan is a Volunteer for the Communications and Development Office at the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Blauvelt, New York. She is a student at Bryn Mawr College majoring in English and a graduate of Pearl River High School.