By Katie Beckmann Mahon, Communications Manager
Sunday, August 30th, marks Grief Awareness Day, a day meant to recognize grief, how we deal with it, as well as how we heal from a loss.
If you are dealing with grief, whether it be from the loss of a loved one, a relationship, or a significant change in your life, it is essential to remember what the bible tells us about grief and how scripture can help with healing.
On Grief Awareness Day, remember these 10 Bible Verses.
1. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. -Psalm 73:26
2. Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. -Matthew 5:4
3. And we know that in all things, God works for the good of those who love God, who have been called according to God’s purpose. -Romans 8:28
4. God is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. -Psalm 34:18
5. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet God in the air. And so we will be with God forever. Therefore encourage one another with these words. -1 Thessalonians 4:17-18
6. God is our refuge and strength; a very present help in trouble. -Psalm 46:1
7. Trust in God with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge God, and God will make straight your paths. -Proverbs 3:5-6
8. Therefore you too have grief now, but I will see you again, and your heart will rejoice, and no one will take your joy away from you. -John 16:22
9. For God will not reject forever, for if God causes grief, then God will have compassion according to God’s abundant lovingkindness. -Lamentations 3:31-32
10. Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. -Isaiah 41:10