By Katie Beckmann Mahon, Communications Manager
July 18th marks Nelson Mandela Day, an annual observance that reflects on the life and legacy of Nelson Mandela.
With all of the negativity seen online, it is essential to raise awareness about days like today, as well as figures like Nelson Mandela and what he stands for.
This year, the Nelson Mandela Foundation hopes that Nelson Mandela Day will inspire people around the world to take action and “make every day a Mandela Day.” (1)
As people around the world continue to suffer from the coronavirus pandemic fallout, the support of organizations like the Nelson Mandela Foundation becomes even more critical.
Take time today to support the Nelson Mandela Foundation, celebrate Nelson Mandela Day, remember his life and legacy, and follow his lead to make the world a better place with ten of his most inspiring quotes.
1. “A winner is a dreamer who never gives up.” (2)
2. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” (2)
3. “Do not judge me by my successes; judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” (2)
4. “There is no passion to be found playing small – in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” (2)
5. “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” (2)
6. “What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead.”(2)
7. “I never lose. I either win or learn.” (2)
8. “There can be no greater gift than that of giving one’s time and energy to help others without expecting anything in return.” (2)
9. “You can start changing our world for the better daily, no matter how small the action.” (2)
10. “As we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.” (2)