By Katie Beckmann Mahon, Communications Manager
This week’s “Embracing Faith” article will focus on Embracing Faith through Inspiration.
“Blessed is she who has believed that God would fulfill promises to her!” -Luke 1:45
Sunday, March 8th was a special day for the Sisters of Saint Dominic of Blauvelt, New York.
Not only did the Sisters host their annual Ladies Celtic Tea at the Motherhouse, but they also celebrated International Women’s Day, Women’s History Month, as well as the beginning of Catholic Sisters Week.
From March 8th – 14th, Catholic Sisters Week will the spotlight will shine on Women Religious, their ministries, and impact on society.
There are many inspiring aspects of Women Religious as they touch many different groups of people. Not only do they serve and stand with the poor and immigrants, but they also teach children, fight injustice, heal the sick, share spirituality, empower women, defend the planet, promote peace, create community, and offer hope. (1)
Throughout Catholic Sisters Week and the remainder of Women’s History Month, remember the sanctity of all women across the world with these 5 inspiring bible verses.
1. Strength and honor are her clothing, and she can laugh at the time to come. -Proverbs 31:25
2. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. -Psalm 46:5
3. She opens her mouth with wisdom, and the teaching of kindness is on her tongue. -Proverbs 31:26
4. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. -1 Peter 3:3-4
5. She draws on her strength and reveals that her arms are strong. -Proverbs 31:17