And this is exactly what we, our allies at Americans Against Fracking, and many thousands of Americans from across the country will be demanding at the March for a Clean Energy Revolution, on the eve of the Democratic National Convention (DNC) in Philadelphia, July 24th.
The DNC is a rare and unique opportunity to engage with many of our country’s current and future elected officials, media and opinion leaders in one place, in one moment. And we will seize it.
A true Clean Energy Revolution is very much achievable; this is what it would include, and what we’ll be calling for in Philly:
• A ban on fracking and other unconventional, extreme fossil fuel extraction
methods – we must keep fossil fuels in the ground!
• A halt to the rapid and reckless expansion of fossil fuel infrastructure including gas and oil pipelines, frack sand mining, wastewater injection wells, gas storage facilities, fossil fuel power plants, bomb trains, and other dirty infrastructure across the United States.
• A ban on the export of liquefied natural gas (LNG), a halt to the approval of
export facilities, and a continuation of the ban on crude oil exports.
• A stop to other dirty energy sources including incineration, nuclear power, and biomass.
• Environmental justice for all to end the disproportionate impacts on low-income communities and communities of color.
• Swift action to invest in solar, wind and other clean energy power sources and energy efficiency measures across the United States so that we can transition quickly to a 100% renewable energy economy.
• A just transition for workers who are employed by the fossil fuel industry, and policies to ensure that the new renewable energy economy provides living wage jobs
and benefits communities across the country.
In order to challenge and stem the immense corporate power that supports, sustains and profits from our dirty, polluting fossil fuel status-quo, people must organize and gather in mass to demonstrate to our elected leaders the overwhelming scope and energy of the grassroots movement for a true Clean Energy Revolution. Such a gathering in July 24 in Philadelphia will ensure our movement is acknowledged at the highest levels of government politics and power.
Help make the Clean Energy Revolution a reality now. March with us on July 24th.
The above statement is from the Food & Water Watch Website. Click on the green links for lots of information.
I'm a member of Food & Water Watch Westchester and will travel to Philly on their bus leaving from White Plains at 9:30 a.m. on July 24th.
Busses will be going to Philly from various local sitesincluding Bloomfield,
Paramus and Mahwey, NJ,White Plains and Roslyn, NY, Brooklyn and Manhattan, and New Haven, CT. Bus seats are $25.
Go to this link and type in your zip code to find a bus near you.
Click here: Transportation - March for a Clean Energy Revolution
If you go, I hope we will see each other there.
Watch thisvi deo with Sandra Steingraber, an American biologist, author, and
cancer survivor: "https://www.youtube.com/embed/h_cmKiEsNic"
Let's help save life on Planet Earth!
Sister Ceil Lavan, OP